Thursday 3 September 2015

My Description

SOPHIE OTTMANN

The media has shaped me in many ways. Social media sites such as, Twitter, Facebook and Instagram
are some of the most popular sites I use daily. Twitter and Facebook are very similar and I use them to keep updated with other people and also keep others updated with my life. I use Instagram to upload pictures of my photography, friends and family, or anything I find interesting and choose to take a picture of. 

My favourite type of media i like to use is Twitter and Instagram as they are easy to use and the layout is simple. I also enjoy using them as they are a way of expressing yourself and you are free to post and upload whatever you like. 

Social media sites which I do not like is Tumblr. I used to use Tumblr to reblog photos but then I found it boring and gave up using it as lots of people moved onto Instagram as it was much easier to use. I very rarely use Youtube, unless I want to listen to music or there is something specific I am looking for. 

I occasionally read style magazines, to keep updated with the latest fashion. Interestingly, after studying Media at GCSE, when reading magazines which have female models in I am more easily able to identify codes and conventions, and also notice how photoshop is used to give the "ideal" look of "perfection". Sometimes I dislike reading magazines as I feel they do influence young readers to look a certain way and that every one must look that way in order to look "perfect".

Overall, the media is very important to me as it is something almost everyone uses in everyday life. Google is used to search everything, such as, facts, dates, or help with anything. Media is important for keeping in touch with people and also keeping me entertained when I am bored and have nothing to do. Without the media we would be unable to connect to other places in the world

No comments:

Post a Comment